North Louisiana Geocaching Community

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

National Park Service
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: National Park Service

National Park Service 1 year, 2 months ago #16526

LSUFan has been telling me that I needed to post this so here it goes.

I was contacted last week by a lady with the National Park Service asking permission to include my Poverty Point Earthcache in an upcoming NPS Centennial GeoTour. She was also waiting on the Poverty Point Manager to give their permission as well. I had to make a few changes to my Earthcache, mainly changing the title to include the official new name which is Poverty Point World Heritage Site along as a name change in the cache description as well. The good news is that it as been included in the upcoming GeoTour. The GeoTour is to be published on 4/16 and is supposed to have about 50 caches. I believe the name is going to be "Find Your Park GeoTour".

As many of you know, the National Park Service has not been cache friendly when it comes to traditional caches, so I am curious to see what all is included in the geotour. Regardless, it is good news that the NPS is now getting involved in our caching hobby.

"Don't write anything you can phone. Don't phone anything you can talk. Don't talk anything you can whisper. Don't whisper anything you can smile. Don't smile anything you can nod. Don't nod anything you can wink." Earl Long

Re: National Park Service 1 year, 2 months ago #16527

Cool Beans, maybe Glenn can become our conduit into the NPS.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds