North Louisiana Geocaching Community

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Jophiel is Retiring
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Jophiel is Retiring

Jophiel is Retiring 7 months, 1 week ago #16779

Most of you know me as the reviewer for geocaching for Louisiana. Starting November 19th, 2016 this will no longer be true. After five years of service I am retiring as Louisiana’s volunteer reviewer.

Your interim reviewer will be Chuck Walla. Chuck has been the Arkansas reviewer for many years. I do hope you will give him your complete support without question.

I have worked hard to make Louisiana geocaching better for all of us. The first four years went fairly smoothly. In recent times we have had some new geocachers sign up that would rather cause conflict than simply follow the guidelines and follow any of my suggested changes I believe are need before their geocache listings published.

I could ask for more information of a simple change to the listing and before they will discuss it with me they are on social media complaining, or worse, appealing to Geocaching HQ. Each appeal to HQ would cost me additional hours of work. Remember, I was a volunteer! I probably have at least 2500-3000 hours that I put in in the last 5 years. My pay was zero dollars and zero cents. You are welcome to half of it.

So what makes these cachers think they are privileged? Perhaps it is the same train of thought that leads people to want to burn and loot their cities because their candidate was not elected president. To me, paying $30 for a premium membership does not make you an expert cache owner.

Sadly, Geocaching HQ has not supported me in recent times as they did in the past. This alone makes me so very sad. Without their support, my efforts are wasted.
I hope to hold one or more events in the near future to thank in person those that stood by and supported me.

Jophiel

Re: Jophiel is Retiring 7 months ago #16780

You have my thanks for all the good suggestions and help along the way. Wishing you all the best going forward.
Game On
Firmiter occupare pectora vitae, et inde combibe libere.

Re: Jophiel is Retiring 7 months ago #16781

It's a thankless responsibility, and when it becomes like a job, it is time to step away. At least with a job you can say it was for the money. LOL

I appreciate what you do and have done....even though I have stepped back from geocaching (I'm a benchmarker).

Best wishes

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Re: Jophiel is Retiring 7 months ago #16782

I was willing to share 1/2 of my pay with anyone that wanted it!

Re: Jophiel is Retiring 6 months, 3 weeks ago #16783

Maybe it should have been doubled.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds